Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Dreamy Han Solo

Have I mentioned Madeline's obsession with Star Wars? I think I have, but just in case: she's obsessed!

I thought this imaginary play would end with Chewbacca being her friend, or rather, her pet as she calls him.

But no. This morning it was brought to a new level.

Have I mentioned that Madeline has four imaginary husbands and one hundred boyfriends? Just in case I haven't, if you ask her, she will tell you that she has four husbands and one hundred boyfriends. (She's also affianced to her real friend Matthew.)

Out of the four husbands only two have had names; thus far: Josh and Geoff. (These two are named after real men in her life. And great men, at that.) The other two were a little more vague.

One more was named this morning: Han Solo.

I don't blame her on adopting Han Solo for one of her husbands. From the time I was a child I always had a thing for Harrison Ford. While my other friends went crazy over Kirk Cameron or The New Kids on the Block, I hung up the posters but only really swooned for that hottie Harrison. ...though now that he has an earring in his ear, he's a lot less attractive to me.

"What else did she say?", you ask.

"And Luke is my boyfriend! And Leia is my big person sister."

Well, Madeline, I've only one more thing to add...May the Force be with you. Always.

3 comments:

jennycooks said...

Madeline is such a crack up! It sounds like she takes after her mom! What a cutie -

carol said...

Madeline has a world of possibilities in her head! And you're so right about Harrison Ford's earring--on him it's emasculating. His charm was NOT being in touch with his feminine side!

The Woody's Fam said...

Dido to your Mom. Not to mention he is like 70 now and has an earring. But I totally agree he was dreamy back in the 80's and early 90's. I always thought he was hunky in the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Good Choice!

Amen to having the force be with Madeline. I can hardly handle one husband let alone 4 and 100 boy friends.