I finished quilting the blue String of Diamonds quilt for Annalise.
(String of Diamonds is the name of the pattern,
not some random name I gave it.)
This was the first time I've ever quilted a design.
I usually just stitch a straight line.
But since I was using a pattern I paid attention
to how the designer of this quilt had it quilted.
It was in a pattern of a leaf-wreath.
(That is what I call it, not some official name.
I don't know its name.)
Then I made bias-tape binding and pinned it down.
(So glad I got my chubby toes in this shot...at least they're painted.)
Whomever invented the mitered-corner method I use is a genius
and I would like to give her a big hug (I'm a hugger) and
maybe even make her a batch of
my Grandma's Famous Marshmallow Brownies (they are good).
Life is so good when, with a few runs of the sewing machine,
you can flip the fabric over and see this:
Life is also good when little pleasures make one so happy.
My life is good.
Because I am so easily pleased.
Simple mind?
Maybe.
Maybe not.
I have no comment on this matter.
(Because if I did you may find me quite arrogant in my opinion of myself.
So I just keep quiet...)
So after I sewed the bias tape to the front,
flipped it to the back,
and was so very pleased,
I hand-stitched it to the back.
And a few hours later it was finished.
And that night Annalise slept under it.
(So glad I got my chubby toes in this shot...at least they're painted.)Whomever invented the mitered-corner method I use is a genius
and I would like to give her a big hug (I'm a hugger) and
maybe even make her a batch of
my Grandma's Famous Marshmallow Brownies (they are good).
Life is so good when, with a few runs of the sewing machine,
you can flip the fabric over and see this:
Life is also good when little pleasures make one so happy.My life is good.
Because I am so easily pleased.
Simple mind?
Maybe.
Maybe not.
I have no comment on this matter.
(Because if I did you may find me quite arrogant in my opinion of myself.
So I just keep quiet...)
So after I sewed the bias tape to the front,
flipped it to the back,
and was so very pleased,
I hand-stitched it to the back.
And a few hours later it was finished.And that night Annalise slept under it.
And so I told them.
But you, my fine friend, will have to wait.
Unless I've already told you.
You. Yeah, you. You know who you are.
You'll know if it is you whom I speak of if I've told you my next project.
If I haven't, don't be offended.
Maybe you just need to call me more...


6 comments:
Looks complicated. Good work!
You're such a tease!
I have heard that one before, Ms. Jello. I have heard that before.
OK, so I'm only going to comment on this post for all of your recent project posts:
I LOVE the quilt! It is beautiful.
2nd. I find it absolutely wonderful that they make products to beautify ungly counter tops for a fraction of the cost to replace them. You did a great job on them- I can't wait to buy a house with ugly counter tops so I can copy your methods-hahahaha!!
And I love the shiny black furniture! The print on the chairs and table runner is awesome!
It looks awesome! I think that your ounters turned out amazing too! Way to go! I will have to drop by at Christmas to take a peek at the afters in person! I promise I will not come empty handed! I will think of something amazing to bring!
you've inspired me yet again to get crafty. i've got to make this kiddo a quilt before he arrives in december. now what to do? oh yes! pattern books and fabric store. yeah!!!!
oh, yeah, the quilt is beautiful, too! anna is one lucky little girl to have such a talented mama.
Post a Comment