Monday, December 28, 2009

Working on Annalise's Quilt

I pinned the last of the blocks together and cut the border pieces out last night.
Geoff and I watched Frodo and his crew leap onto the Huckleberry Ferry to stay at the Dancing Pony in Bree while I pinned; Frodo and his wee friends made it all the way to Rivendell while I cut. (We watch LOTR once or twice a year. Because we're cool.)

This morning I headed downstairs to the Sewing Room to start piecing it all together. I finished sewing and pressing the blocks. Do you know that when you iron blocks you should never go back-and-forth, but press straight down, so as to not stretch the fabric in any way? (Now you do, if you didn't.)
Then I started working on sewing the border.
I love pretty sewing pins almost as much
as I love my kitchen appliances and measuring cups.
Almost.
Here it is with the first border:

Here it is as it is right now. Waiting for a final decision. And a trip to the fabric store.

Since I purchased most of the fabric a few years ago, I am limited to what is available at the fabric store. I like the light blue. Geoff and Annalise like the medium blue.

Since it is Annalise's quilt, she wins.

No comments: