
This is a short post; just a little parental anecdote for me to record.
Madeline (she will be four years old in May) loves Star Wars. I believe I've made this clear on more than one post. She will say, "Daddy and me are Star Wars crazy!" (Though it comes out, "Sta' Wa's Cwazy", with her child speech impediment. I think I will be sad when she starts to pronounce all of her R sounds. She is already self-correcting some of them.)
This afternoon I was making her a sandwich and she wanted jam, but no peanut butter. I put just a touch of peanut butter on it, anyway, telling her that this would be a little more healthy for her. She stamped her feet and brought out some tears (she's very good at this, much like her mama) and I quickly said, "Jedi Knights like peanut butter because it helps them run fast." To which she replied, "I'm not a Jedi Knight, I just have a light saber!!"
She took the sandwich anyway.
And I learned an important lesson from her: you can be Star Wars Crazy and have a light saber, and run fast like a Jedi Knight, without being a Jedi Knight.
4 comments:
Ha ha! Come move to Montana, Kimberlee!
Does she have a Light Saber?? And if not, can she have one??
She does not have a light saber. She would LOVE one. Her birthday is coming up in May and I'm planning on getting her some action figures and maybe making her cake star wars inspired....
You know how I loathe Barbie-induced brainwashing of little girls, but I'm thinking maybe I should steer Maddie's birthday gift more to her feminine side?! I'm obviously skewed in thinking that Star Wars is masculine, Barbie feminine, because Madeline is very girly. Power to Maddie!
Post a Comment