Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Local News

After watching 24 on Monday evenings, Geoff and I leave the television on for just a few minutes after to watch the newscast.

Not so much to know what is going on in our area, but for kicks and giggles.

We find our favorite anchorman so very, very dramatic as he puts a poignant pause between his name and the station: "{his name}....Fox News!"

Not only that, but our favorite is when they ask locals what they think. We find this the greatest waste of air time. They always point out the obvious of what has already been said.

The weather has been a bit manic around Seattle. Sunny (though still cold) one day. Snowing the next. Rain for three days. Warm sunny day. Then snow for two days. This bit of information was given for those who don't live in Seattle.

But for the rest of us who do live here, we don't need the anchorman to tell us that it is cold and then to have locals say things like, "Yes. It snowed today. It might be difficult to get to work tomorrow." Well, thank you neighbor. I wasn't sure if it was snowing or not, nor did I know if said snow might impede travel.

That is just one example of the most expensive type of reiteration ever. I mean, it does cost money to air news, doesn't it?

But we don't get annoyed, we get on high horses and giggle. Incredulous giggles, but giggles none the less.

I'm signing out.

Accident Prone Left Hander....Blog News...Seattle.

2 comments:

carol said...

I love it that you two give personal commentary on the local news shows. Your highhorse humor is fun to behold!

jennycooks said...

The newscasts in Blackfoot Idaho are even better. Nothing like small town talent.