Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sloppy Joes

It's Recipe Thursday. Today I'm posting my recipe for Sloppy Joe's. This isn't your Mama's recipe! Actually, it's not my recipe, either. It's my brother's wife's old roommate's uncle's recipe. (You think that's bad? I could have said 'my husband's wife's brother's wife's old roommate's uncle's recipe.' But if you do use this recipe, you must say, 'it's my friend's (or whatever i am to you) brother's wife's old roommate's uncle's recipe.' please do that and then tell me the reaction!)

This recipe is sweet and garlicky and delicious.

When you add all the add-ins, it looks a bit disgusting at first. Just mix it all well and it will turn into a beautiful golden brown while simmering.

Sloppy Joes

Brown together:
1 lb ground beef
1/3 onion
Garlic (as desired)

After meat is browned, add and mix well:
½ cups ketchup
2 TBSP BBQ sauce
1 TBSP Worcester sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 T mustard
mushrooms, sliced (we use a few cups for a single batch)

Let simmer for 20 minutes.

Serve with hamburger buns (toasted, if desired) and steak fries.


And of course while you're serving this to your family, be sure to say this:

4 comments:

Holly said...

We love his recipe and make it often. Thanks for introducing us to it!

carol said...

"It's my brother's wife's old roommate's uncle's recipe."
Kim, I am SO impressed with your perfect punction in the above sentence! Every possessive is in it's proper place, and the recipe is delicious too! xo

RORYJEAN said...

Yum- sloppy joes! Have you ever tried it with ground turkey? I try not to eat red meat, but some recipes just taste weird with turkey as a substitute.

Talia said...

Oh my gosh Kimberlee- you crack me up! Thanks for that video. I was laughing so hard. You're too funny. Seriously, whenever I need a laugh I come to your blog to see what you've come up with lately. And thanks for the recipe- I'll have to try it sometime!