I enjoyed a car ride with two of them today: Madeline (mine) and Matthew (my friend, Julie's.)
Matthew says he has two girlfriends: Annalise and Madeline. Today when I picked him up from his class (Julie takes the children to preschool, I take them home) the other children were saying, "There is my mom!" or "I see my dad!" Matthew said, "I see my girlfriend."
On the way home, the following business occurred:
Madeline proposed marriage to Matthew, and he accepted. With a huge grin, he said, "that would be good." We all (Matthew, Madeline and I) agreed that it would be best if he went on his mission first. When Madeline started counting how old she would be next, "one, two, three, four. Four! Then we can get married", Matthew reminded her that it wouldn't be good timing just then.
There were several other little items of very important three year old business discussed, but alas, I can't remember them all. I do remember wishing I had a recorder catching every little thing they said.
I enjoy our rides together.
6 comments:
I love with they betroth themselves at three. Ahhh...first love.
Three year old's are so fun! They are just getting big enough to not be so into everything, and have so much to say about the world around them. I love their honesty and innocence. So funny.
That is the cutest story I have heard in a long time. I wish Mom's came with a built in recorder/video camera. I am glad you posted it to share with the rest of the world!
That's hilarious! Kids always crack me up with the funny things they say. And do. Kayla keeps asking me how old she'll be when she gets married. Of course I tell her she'll be at least 30!!! Haha.
Talia, I was like that with Annalise once and Geoff corrected me..."you were 20. you don't have much room for telling them if they are too young..." or something to that effect.
In Madeline's case, I don't believe betrothing at age three is too young, as I find her extremely mature and refined in her assessment abilities. Like when she sat in on my Young Women's lesson last Sunday (she REFUSED to go to Nursery, thank you very much). Immediately after the closing prayer she got off her chair, walked over to me with a beaming smile and said,"Nana, you did a GREAT job!" Now who can second-guess her brilliance, her discernment, let alone her charm?
Carol/Mom/Nana
Post a Comment