This project was a list of firsts for me:
1. First time using this pattern (which I have been wanting to use for a while now)
2. First time having someone else choose the colors. Apple Green and Turquoise are my friend's favorites.
2. First time quilting with a machine. I have always hand-quilted.
The pattern was fun--just make 8 1/2 inch blocks and sew borders between. Easy, too.
The quilting...this is the start of my growing experience. I am happy with the quilting, except for the back. There are a few places where the fabric tucks and overlaps instead of being perfectly flat. I will have to consult my sister who has always used her machine to quilt. And I must add, without her generosity in giving me her extra quilting foot, this project would still be afoot with my hand-quilting. Thank you, Heidi!
She is an adorable little baby with a sweet disposition.
5 comments:
I love it! Cool colors too! One of a kind, for sure.
Oh, I love it! I've been wanting to make a drunk love quilt by Denise Schmidt which looks very similar to this idea. I guess I need to finish the one I'm currently working on...I just have the binding left, yay!
Are you talking about the quilt you were working on a few years ago Holly? If so: yay you! Good job on binding! It feels so good to get to that point and then even better as you get to the final stitch.
Beautiful! I love it! I'm thinking something like this is in my future for Sonya's baby.
Yes, it is the "eternal" quilt! I'll finish it some day!
Post a Comment