
Geoff and I have a new recipe for vegetable soup that we adore. What is special about this is Geoff (my carnivore) loves and begs for this. It is a weight watchers recipe (Julie introduced it to me) and according to WW, it is worth 0 points.
Garden Vegetable Zero Point Soup
Start with and bring to a boil:
6 cups "broth" (I suppose you could use vegetable broth, but I use chicken)
Add and cook for five minutes:
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 large "onion", diced
4 "teaspoons" garlic (from a jar or substitute four cloves minced garlic)
Add and bring to a boil:
1/2 cabbage, chopped
1/2 pound "frozen" green beans
2 Tablespoons tomato "paste"
1 teaspoon "dried" basil
1 teaspoon "dried" oregano
1 teaspoon "kosher" salt
When the above ingredients are "brought" to a "boil": cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
Then add:
1 large "zucchini"
(I like to add 1 or more cups pearl onions at this point, as well.)
Cook until zucchini is tender and then serve.
And by the way, if you noticed poorly placed quotation marks, it was intentional. It is just another nerdy joke of mine. I know, pathetic. But take the quotation marks out and it is a delicious, low calorie, "talk back to you later because of the cabbage" soup.
Garden Vegetable Zero Point Soup
Start with and bring to a boil:
6 cups "broth" (I suppose you could use vegetable broth, but I use chicken)
Add and cook for five minutes:
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 large "onion", diced
4 "teaspoons" garlic (from a jar or substitute four cloves minced garlic)
Add and bring to a boil:
1/2 cabbage, chopped
1/2 pound "frozen" green beans
2 Tablespoons tomato "paste"
1 teaspoon "dried" basil
1 teaspoon "dried" oregano
1 teaspoon "kosher" salt
When the above ingredients are "brought" to a "boil": cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
Then add:
1 large "zucchini"
(I like to add 1 or more cups pearl onions at this point, as well.)
Cook until zucchini is tender and then serve.
And by the way, if you noticed poorly placed quotation marks, it was intentional. It is just another nerdy joke of mine. I know, pathetic. But take the quotation marks out and it is a delicious, low calorie, "talk back to you later because of the cabbage" soup.
4 comments:
I like this "post". Just my "type of sarcasm".
hey its vanessa again! I thought you looked familiar, were you in Rexburg the winter semester of '08? Because I might have been in your ward for a few monthes... we lived in the Donagle Bay Apt's #13 I think...
Recipe Note: Geoff cooked this up the other day trying Vegetable broth instead of chicken. It was not delicious. So use chicken broth.
Post a Comment