Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Migraine Hair Grow Out

When I get migraines for days at a time, my hair falls out. Clumps in the shower and hair all over the floor and counter after blow drying.

(Lucky for me that I have a lot of hair! So much that I ask my hair dresser to thin out the sides every time I get it styled.)

The result of this migraine-induced hair loss is an unintentional layering of my hair. I don't have bangs, I grow my hair all the same length. However I do have, what I will call "starts", in one to two inch lengths, at my hair line. I know I have several of these all over...but the front is more noticeable. They're like irritating cowlicks that won't stay down.

I know, I know. Poor pathetic, I-have-lots-of hair vain me. So sad for her hair that falls out, but grows back all the same...just because it looks a little silly. So put some creme in it and stop whining, right?

Okay, I'll stop whining. I just had to get that off my chest. (And right now I need to get off the computer and get that hair off my floor...)

4 comments:

thechristensens said...

You and your migraines! I am so sorry that you have to go through them! I hope that you can go migraine free for a while and stop losing hair! But, if you're hair is anything like Adam's, you do have plenty to spare! ;)

carol said...

So is Matt the one who got MY hair genes? You other three obviously are your father's children (well the hair part anyway). And Kim, I first quickly read your blog, was alarmed to read that you 'had to get it off your chest'. I thought 'OH NO, she's growing chest hair now!' Phew, those "figures of speech" can give one a wrong idea! :)

Carrot Jello said...

I always say baby hairs are cute. On babies.

Talia said...

I have the same thing- only my "starts" are from losing hair after Lauren. It happens every time!! Oh well. What do you do....I hope your migraines ease up sometime. At least you have a sense of humor about it. ;) As usual.