I know. Two weeks in a row of tardy recipe posts.
The difference between last week and this week is that I'm actually posting a recipe! I acquired this from one of my many cousins' blogs (that does read that I have many cousins and one of them posted it on her blog, right?).
As strawberry season draws near I'm anticipating this salad. In fact, my mouth is watering right now thinking of this tangy, sweet, creamy (it has cheese!) and nutrient dense salad.
Aside from the dressing, this is a five ingredient salad. I believe that some of the very best recipes are the most simple. Combining produce in the peak of its season makes for the best tasting dishes.
I now give you...(sorry, no picture)
Strawberry Romaine Salad
1 large head romaine
1 head boston lettuce
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1 c. shredded jack cheese
1/2 c. sliced almonds, toasted
Dressing:
Mix in blender:
1 c. oil
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
2 t. minced onion,
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. paprika
1/4 t. pepper
Notes: You can half the dressing recipe and it will be enough. (Though you may appreciate extra dressing to make another batch of this salad the next day because it is so wonderful.) Also, I often substitute spinach for the boston lettuce. You can also just use romaine for it all.
4 comments:
Is this good? Have you made it?
Yes I've had this. I only post what I know.
In the summer I have a recipe similar to this but instead of almonds it has candied pecans. All you do is mix melted butter and brown sugar, glaze the pecans, then bake for like 10 minutes in oven or until sugar has crystallizes. It is so good. Fattening but good. Thanks for the idea!!!
I will definitely be trying this!
Post a Comment