First: When should you not use quotation marks? When it might hurt feelings. I was reading a newsletter from my daughter's preschool just a few minutes ago. It mentioned that a local artist was going to teach the children a pottery skill. Then it stated that the school was excited it would be having this lesson from a "'real' artist." Why are there quotation marks around that word? Is the artist not really an artist? Does the writer think the artist is fake or at the very least, not very good, but is making a sarcastic joke? Is the writer quoting another person who made it a point that this artist is real? Did they have cartoon artists before, and this is a "real" human? I'm just a little puzzled and wonder what the "real" artist will think when she reads this. I hope nobody says that I am "funny." It would just be hurtful. Unless you're quoting somebody who made that observation...but can't you just agree? My identity hangs on your opinion.
I should probably get some therapy...
On to the recipe: My mother made these no-bake cookies every Easter and then would put little jelly eggs in the center. I would have made them this morning, just so I can take a picture for this post. BUT STILL NO USB CORD!! Oh. Sorry. I got a little out of hand. I still feel a great void in my life because of this lost cord; it will not be filled until I find the cord. I must find that cord.
I should probably get some therapy...
No Bake Cookies
1. Mix in a pan and bring to a boil:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cube butter (i.e. 1/2 cup butter)
4 Tablespoons cocoa (unsweetened powder)
2. Boil one minute, then add:
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal (you can also do half oatmeal and half coconut)
3. Drop onto foil or waxed paper. Let cool slightly and then press your thumb down, gently, to form a nest. While the "nest" is still warm, put some jelly "eggs" into the nest. Cool completely and serve.
4 comments:
We call these cookies "gorilla poops". Take the quotations to mean whatever you like :)
i was waiting for a poop comment. but from my cousin, carrot.
mmmm, delicious poop.
hello?! We are right here...where are our cookies?? Just kidding. Where are you anyway? We miss you.
Ah, that's a Grandma recipe. I would never call it poop.
Post a Comment