My mom sent me this recipe in an email today. (i don't know where it originated from, otherwise I would give credit to where it is due.)
Ten minutes later I was in the kitchen mixing the ingredients together.
Ten minutes after that I was sitting on a kitchen stool, across from my three year old, and sharing bites of chocolate cake.
Yes: chocolate cake--ten minutes after mixing ingredients together. Well, it is actually ready sooner than that; however I wanted to share the moment with my preschooler.
So not to set you up: it isn't the best cake. i'm thinking i can play with it just a little bit to find a more moist and tender cake.
Also, i'm sure i'll be getting cancer or something from it--if not from eating it, at least from watching it bake...which you should do...because it is cool, starting at the end of the first minute.
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
4 comments:
I discovered this recipe on makeandtakes.com a while ago, and was just thinking of making it...funny how you read my mind!
And, I agree-not the best cake, but good for a chocolate fix.
Wow, that is pretty impressive! I might just have to try it. For some reason though I feel like we don't have a mug large enough to accommodate.
On another note, we finally met your mom at the temple. I haven't had the chance to have a real and proper conversation with her (ie , why is your daughter so odd) but hope to soon :)
too bad I'm on a diet.
I used a bowl instead of a mug, since I don't have any extra large mugs, either.
Additional Note: the chocolate chips sunk to the bottom.
Again, it's not the best, but like Yumi said, it's good for a fix.
Post a Comment