We slept in--this means the girls slept in! My Geoff woke up with a start, "It's 7:25! I've got to go! This means you are going to have to get up with the girls."
What?! I have to get out of bed and feed them? What is wrong with the universe today? ....Yes, I'm that bad. When I got married I pictured myself being the model wife and mother: waking up before all, cooking up oatmeal and squeezing (okay, I never expected that--concentrate is fine too) fresh orange juice. Then having lunches all made and kissing them all on their way out.
Wait?! Isn't that the opening credits to Leave it to Beaver? You don't know what that show is? Really? No. Not the color filled one that played on Disney or whatever--the black and white one where The Beave is a child. His mother is always beautiful, kind, patient. Firm, but never yelled. And she kissed them all out the door with lunches in their hands and a wonderfully warm breakfast in their tummies, I am sure.
See her look of shock? It's her telling me, firmly, to get out of bed and show my family the love with a nice meal, and a mother who is fully dressed with make-up and pearls.
So I cuddled with my girls for a little bit. (They woke up seconds after Geoff opened our bedroom door and bolted into the bathroom to shave.) This cuddling is not only a wonderful bonding time, but an excuse for me to stretch my stiff body and prepare it for moving. AKA stall getting up.
I got Annalise onto to her bus (with nutritious mama made lunch--I do do that!)
Madeline and I came home and I (already dressed for the gym when we went to the bus stop) checked my emails for the day and we took off for the gym.
Madeline doesn't like our new gym. I think she just has a difficult time with change. Annalise craves the excitement that change brings and Madeline seems to cling to what she knows...and me.
After I got Maddie peeled off me, I had a wonderful workout. I warmed up a little bit on a cardio machine and then did an abdominal and upper body workout. I then proceeded upstairs to the treadmill and when I found my friend on an elliptical I decided that I would change things up a bit. When in Rome... So I had a short and sweet thirty minutes then went to stretch. My lower back has been freaking out a little bit so I spent extra time stretching out my hamstrings. (I will focus my lower body on those hams next workout...I love that ham is an associated word with my thighs..."Big bottom girls you make the rockin' world go round!")
Post workout: home. emails (i'm controlled by technology. "i love you...but i also love technology"). Then too short of a wonderfully hot shower.
Race to a young women's presidency meeting (I'm part of a presidency that guides the girls, 12-17, at church; I'm especially assigned to the 12 and 13 year olds) that lasts until 2 o'clock.
Run an apartment complex associated errand. Finish off my errands at Jo-Ann Fabrics hunting for glitter that will be used in a craft project at 12-13 year old girls' activity on Wednesday night. No such luck. But what did I find?
(So I just spent 20 minutes getting this picture taken, digging for the upload cord, uploading all of the pictures...so I can show you this fabric. Be excited!)
I saw this in the remnant bin, 58" and 2 1/2 yards of it. Originally, the cut would have cost $80 and it was on sale as remnant for $40. I had a moment of self control and put it down and told myself to mind my new rule on no fabric unless you specifically came to the store for it, with project in mind. I tried ignoring the beauty for about 30 seconds. Then I thought, "self, you are going to regret it always for not investing in this beauty. you'll find something wonderful for it. maybe you can reupholster your head board with it. or make Christmas stockings or reupholster the piano bench lid, or make throw pillows. you love it. you deserve it." I brought it to the counter with me and when she said it was $20 because of a 50% off sale I was thrilled! What a steal.
So after fabric store it was three o'clock and almost time to pick up Annalise. I was shocked by what time it was already. Company in two hours!
Went home, had twenty minutes of quiet, picked Annalise up.
Time flew and we had company for dinner, they left, Geoff left to pick up two dress shirts he had taken in for himself and now I am here. Typing. Geoff's doing dishes.
Stay-at-home mom's do nothing all day... yeah, right.
1 comment:
Pretty Fabric! Good choice.
Post a Comment