Monday, September 8, 2008

Day of the Week

I love Mondays. They bring a new week with time...time to get something accomplished; and they bring steady schedule, which I thrive on.

Tuesdays are my least favorite. No offense to Tuesday, it just doesn't do anything for me. It's just there.
Wednesdays are okay...it's good to have a midpoint. (By the way, this is starting to sound like The Cure's "Friday, I'm in Love" and I'm not meaning it to.)

Thursdays rival the other "favorite" days for positive response in me. Sadly, it is because of NBC and the fact that "Friends" was on Thursdays. I still watch Friends, on DVD, with my husband, almost every evening. I know, I shouldn't admit to this...you will know even more what a nerd I am! Though my quoting them throughout the day or having somebody say something that reminds me of the show and me talking to that person about that...I sadly give myself away.

Fridays of course are a big one. They are almost every body's favorite, even if they are working or going to school that day. There is a buzz in the air of what everybody is doing.

Saturday is my second to least favorite (following Tuesday). A lot to do with the fact that we are apartment managers and I have to get carpets vacuumed and I get to fix-it chores that I didn't get to earlier in the week while Geoff is home with the girls. We usually do something together as a family in the afternoon--though it is usually a Costco run, sometimes a trip to the park. I think when we own a home and the work I do is for me and our family, to better a back yard, or to paint a room, it will be one of my favorite days.

Sundays are one of the greatest days. Church is always something I need, to renew my covenants and to find perspective and focus. Spending time with family is the greatest. It is wonderful to have a day devoted to family. Though I have to admit...in the evening, I start to become sad that the weekend is over.

But Monday morning...well, I'm happy that the week is starting. Does that make sense?

And speaking of the days of the week...Days of the Week Underwear. I always wanted them and never had them. I'm fine with that now because as a mother, I realize why some needed them: it forces them to change their underwear every day! Annalise has three pairs of Ariel (the Little Mermaid) underwear that she likes the feel of. She fights putting on anything but one of those. I need to go to the store and buy another pack or two of that particular size and cut. She is very particular about how her clothes and underwear feel.
And speaking of the use of "pair" when talking about a singular item: anybody want to go to legislation about changing the phrasing? "How do you like my pair of pants?" to "How do you like my pant?" or "How do you like my item of pant?" "Go get your panty on."....Take away "Friends" and I'm still such a nerd!

No comments: