Friday, October 31, 2008

Rubber Boots and more..



I did yard work out in the rain today which forced my hand to purchase some rubber boots. Okay, I could have worked out in my Dansko shoes (which last forever, by the way) but I am SO glad that I bought these. My feet are dry and warm. The boots pictured are WAY cuter than my boots. I got the last pick of boots. I should have bought them a few weeks ago. I got them on sale, so that is good.

Another thing I really like? WrightSock socks. Double layered and for running. I love them. I don't just wear them at the gym. I'm wearing them right now...under my new rubber boots. I know I should have taken my shoes off when I came inside but I didn't. Naughty girl.

These socks are so great that I bought a few pairs for Geoff. (I spoil him when I can and he doesn't even know it. Nice socks. Nice hair products. Little things like that.) He wears them and likes that they are light and breathe but keep the feet warm.

You know what else I like?
Pumpkin scented candles.
You know what else?
A CLEAN bathroom. A hint of bleach with a touch my bubble bath fragrance...it means that my space is clean and i have had time to take a decadent bath!
You know what else?
My husband's beautiful German face. His amazing blue eyes. They dazzle me. They catch me off guard. On the other hand, they help me focus when I'm in labor. They are powerful.
You know what else?
Play dates. They entertain my children while I get things done...or even better: they entertain my children whilst the friend of mine is over and talking with me!
Well...I'm going to go take my great new boots off, light my pumpkin candle, finish cleaning my home whilst wearing my socks and whilst Madeline plays with P...and then later I get to see my Geoff and then after the girls are in bed, I can go into my clean bathroom and take a bubble bath. What a great day composed of little things.


2 comments:

carol said...

Little things are the best! Thanks for always spoiling everyone in your life, including me!
love you much,
Mom

jennycooks said...

Cute rubber boots. I miss living somewhere that actually calls for wearing fashionable rubber boots.

It is amazing how the little things can make us so happy. Thanks for reminding me. I also can just about hear your voice as I read this. I miss my quirky, random, friend. I so need to come and visit you next time I am in town.