Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fabulous Day

This morning my friend, Julie, is picking up Madeline from preschool.

Then Annalise and I will drive together to her school where I am a room mother for the morning.

Then I go to Madeline's preschool to pick up Matthew (Julie's son) and Madeline. I will enjoy their conversation in the car while I take Matthew home. Matthew is a very bright, sweet, and precocious little boy. I suppose a lot like his mother. Not the precocious part; Julie's just very smart and one of the nicest people I've ever known--though she has a great sense of humor, too!...you know, sometimes the nicest people aren't very funny...

So, after dropping Matthew home I will drive Maddie and myself up to my parents house in Lynnwood.

I'll leave Madeline at my folks house and go....

GET A FACIAL!! I've never had one. I feel a little fancy. I am a little nervous. I am shocked at the amount of money I will be spending on it. Geoff gave me a gift card to Gene Juarez for Mother's Day and I haven't used it yet.

I think after my facial I will make my way to Godiva and treat myself to a chocolate. Mmmmmm.

Then I will pick up Madeline and, if I have time, shop with my mom looking for some bedding that matches the material I just bought. I think I'm going to make it into a headboard.

Then I'll race to pick up Annalise from the bus stop.

Then make dinner.

Then play practice. No scripts on stage again tonight. I haven't read through my lines in a week...but don't tell the director...like you would...you wouldn't...right?

To cap my day, I will putter around the complex and do my job. It would be nicer to get these things done in the morning and be done with it...but it's not going to happen that way, today.

That is a great day I'm going to have. A little helping others, a little self-involved, a little productive. I hope your day is fabulous.

3 comments:

32 Flavors said...

I'm so telling on you! Enjoy your facial.

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

What play are you doing?

jennycooks said...

Sounds like a good day. I had a facial about 2 years ago, it was heavenly. But Godiva? Kim, we need to talk. See's is where it is at. Every time. I am missin me some See's Candy out here in the middle of nowhere. How fun that you enjoy spending time with your mom, and that you get to do that.

you are in a play? You go!