My girlfriend whom I've been friends with since toddler years and on tagged me.
Here are the rules...
1. Link to the person who tagged you: http://jennycookcomfortfood.blogspot.com/
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
So I am suppose to come up with six random things now...I don't know if I can, though I am very random.
1. When I saw my Geoff for the first time, it was instant attraction. Magnetic attraction. I had never seen and met anybody in my life whom I wanted to know more than him. It was a strong pull. Within minutes of our first date I felt like I knew him forever and that we had always been best friends and I hadn't seen him in a while and we were catching up. (maybe i'll talk about run-on sentences next!) It was so natural and wonderful and even a little scary. I never questioned this perfect match, just my young age. This falling in love was the same for Geoff. He says he could have married me on our first date. It's so funny that I knew his step mom since I was a little girl and that I met his mom just a few months before he came home. I knew his step-cousin from girls camp. He knew my brothers from youth conference. And during one youth conference, my first, he checked me out and asked a mutual friend of both of ours who I was. "That's Matt and Adam's little sister." When he came home from his mission and I went up to the stand at church to play piano, he said to himself, "Oh, that's Matt and Adam's little sister. She's probably dating someone..." We grew up in the same stake, of course, he is two years my senior (exactly! both born on June 8), but we didn't meet until later. Within a few weeks of dating we were talking about marriage. Within seven months of meeting, we were married. January 28, 2000. It has been a wonderful nine years of being married to Geoff. He is my best friend and I still feel that magnetic pull of attraction to him. I feel that our match was made in the heavens.
(okay, gooey mushy over...maybe)
2. I played violin for seven years. Torture. For me and anyone forced to listen! Many don't know I played...those people are blessed!
3. I'm not angelic. I know, you're shocked. During General Conference (this is a meeting the Latter-day Saints church holds twice a year where we hear from the Prophet and 12 Apostles, it is broadcast throughout the world) there was a talk and the speaker mentioned people who are angelic. I was sitting next to Geoff and looked at him and said, "I wish I was angelic. I have this little devil on my shoulder all the time telling crude jokes to me. I laugh at all of them." He quickly said, "I'm glad you're not." What?! I thought for sure he would say, "oh, no: you're angelic." (My mom did and then when I told her Geoff's response she said, "well, you find humor in everything. you like irony.") So. I'm not angelic. But I can tell a joke.
4. I love learning about human physiology and pathophysiology. Love it. I am not naturally inclined to science, so I had to work a bit in college to get through those core Biology courses. My brain fights logic and yearns for the arts. Scattered.
5. #4 leads me to #5. I think I have Attention Deficit Disorder. I noticed it when I started this apartment managing job. Of course, I was on a SSRI and seizure medication to control my migraines that were constant companions in my life. I went off both those mind-numbing, weight gain inducing drugs in May or so... I still can't focus. Well, unless I'm on the computer!!! Except that is jumping from one thing to another on my leisure. It doesn't require any kind of focus. And then in meetings or things I'm suppose to be quiet and focused, there is that little devil on my shoulder mentioned above that is cracking jokes. I don't think I'll go get tested for it, though I might check out a self help book.... I want to be able to remember everything and focus and be organized. It's chaos in my mind. ...But also, there is that devil. I would be sad to get rid of the crude devil: she's funny!
6. I would like to get my masters in English. For ever I was planning on PA school; my bachelors degree is perfectly suited to it. You know what my BS is not a good backbone for? English. The epiphany to change my goals came on vacation with Geoff, sans distracting children, at the beach. (I can't wait for our next trip. By the by...ADD! Get back to #6!) It makes so much sense for me. I want to learn to write (I know, that is what I'm doing now--but really write) and edit. I love the English language and all it's complexities. I'm a nerd. (I guess the nerd thing would be it's own "random thing" number.)
Okay. That's six things. Tagging. The blogs I've been reading lately have had these tag things already on them. hmm.. I take a stab at listing blogs I don't think have 'em: Heather, Sarah, Jen L., Rachel, Rory, Julie, Heidi, Talia and Talia. Copy the rules down on your blog and start typing.
10 comments:
Oh, I found your tag. But alas! I cannot follow suit. Anything after reading your hilarious randomness would be anti-climatic. I especially liked hearing about your little devil. That was so funny! I laughed out loud and had to explain myself. Man, I wish I hadn't banished my little funny devil, because it sounds like you are having more fun than me! Can I lure it back?
I am so glad Jenny Tagged you! I was wondering how the whole Geoff thing happened!
I wish I would have known he had a crush on you back in High School. I could have been giving him scoop about you since he drove me to school everyday (listening to Smashing Pumpkins everyday toooooo!)my Freshman and Sophmore year! That is too fun he had eyes for you that long ago! I can see why, you were the prettiest girl in our stake!!!! Small world! I am sure you are a match made in heaven!
Heather: I don't recommend the little devil on your shoulders esp. if you found a miracle in getting it to move away! That silence must be nice! If you need a distraction move back over here and sit with me during a meeting that is suppose to be serious...i'll find humor in it. i'm terrible.
Laurie: Geoff still listens to Smashing Pumpkins and now I do. I know, isn't it funny how I knew you and you knew him...same with Gus, Becky, etc. And I know I wasn't the prettiest girl--you are such a flatterer!
You definitely got the random part down. :)
so, 32...is that a diagnosis of ADD?
Hey my little ADD friend, that was funny to read. Like half of my family is ADD - we all like to laugh about it, but I never stopped to think that you might be. If you are, you fooled me!
Hey, I played violin for 7 years too! I quit when I officially found out it was called 'dorkestra'. I think I cared a little too much about other peoples opinions...
I so wish I wanted to go to school like you. I HATE going to school with a passion. All that book reading makes me want to barf! BARF! And doing homework and writing papers... who is the ADD one now?
BTW, that can't be rex marin's family can it? I mean how many rex's does one person know?
Oh Kimberlee. Everytime I read your blog it makes me laugh. And miss being in RS with you. You CAN find humor in everything! I remember all our RS meetings that were supposed to be serious that ended up with laughter (usually at one of your funny comments). And I don't think you have ADD. Even with all your randomness as you call it, I always thought you were very organized and on top of things. Anyway, thanks for the tag! I know I need to post something new. Our monitor died on our computer so I'm forced to use Ryan's laptop after he gets home from work. Which of course has about a million spy blockers on it since it's his work one, making it very SLOW. But I will write, and post new pics soon!
P.S. I happen to find the little devil on your shoulder quite hilarious - don't send her away!!
Phew. I escaped.
Uh, yes. In my expert opinion. Yes.
Post a Comment