Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jam?

Jam, you ask? Have I made jam lately? I hear it over and over again (the fanatic voices in my head) "Why haven't you posted on your world (okay three people) famous jam, Kimberlee?"

Well, the answer is yes, I have made jam and I am now posting it, so relax.

Blackberry. Marion Blackberry. I am calling it, "Miss Marion Blackberry"--you see, I have names for my jams.

My strawberry jam is labeled, "Strawberry Fields Forever" and
my raspberry jam, "Raspberry Beret"...did that make you start singing in a high pitched voice?
Peach is "Peachy Keen" because I couldn't think of anything better.

I love the Miss Marion Blackberry--when I made it (a few days ago) I tasted a spoonful of what didn't make it into the canning jars and wowza! It tasted like pie filling. Mmmm. I should learn to make scones.

No--that wouldn't be good. I'm not one of "those people" who crave breads and pastries. I don't need to start.

My issue is mainly chocolate. And (1-2 ounces of dark) chocolate is good for you...one to two ounces is not a lot...

7 comments:

David said...

I hear your deserting 24 hour! We are very very sad Kimberlee. :'(

Lefty said...

I'm sorry, David!! I will miss you guys. At least there is blog world, right? yes, I'm going to LA Fitness: it's closer, it's the same price, the Kid's Club opens at 8 in the morning. It was a no brainer switching. I will think of you often, still, and hope you are well and happy.

The Woody's Fam said...

I once made Strawberry/Blueberry Jam. Who would have ever thought Blueberries and Strawberries were such a good combo. You should try is and you can call it Blue Strawberry Short Cake or something! You clearly have better knack for naming Jam and could come up with something more appealing.

Lefty said...

Yes, Lauri (is that the spelling?), I am thinking of mixing things up a bit with the flavors. I was just thinking ahead to Thanksgiving thinking maybe I could make some kind of orange cranberry jam for Turkey sandwiches. I think your Blueberry Strawberry Short Cake is a cute name. Probably a little more appetizing than Blue Surprise Strawberry Jam!

Adam said...

Have you heard of Nutella? It's a chocolate-hazelnut spread thingy. Europeans have been shaving their legs with it for like years. I'm currently inventing a way of squeezing both Egg-Nog and Nutella down an IV.

I liked your "Miss Marion Berry", I'm not sure that would be Word of Wisdom approved. May have to post the ingredients.

Lefty said...

Ingredients:

Marion Blackberries
Sugar (lots)
1 box pectin
Cocaine

yeah, too much sugar would be against the Word of Wisdom, huh? I should probably go for a low sugar jam.

The Woody's Fam said...

Ok, wow, I love that you and Adam are exactly the same! What a breath of fresh air! Cocaine - awe, you forgot to post the amount!

PS It is Laurie, but I will answer to pretty much anything! My Mom queered me from birth, especially since it is always pronounced wrong. But oh well, no use crying over things I had no control over!

Thanks for the smiles today!