So my day starts at 7:30...Geoff waking me up (because I'm a self-indulgent sleeper; actually I steal hours at night and beg for them in the morning, kicking myself for not going to sleep one hour sooner) and my finally ending my resistance at 7:38...not bad.I get dressed, get the girls dressed, take Madeline to my friends (a shout out: Thank you, Julie! You made the day more smooth) and walk with Annalise to her bus stop.
I get on the bus with her. That's right. The bus drove me home. I can do this the first two weeks of school if I want. But I won't: Annalise content on the bus, asked me if I would go with her to the bus and then not get on with her. You betcha!
I got home, drove to pick up Madeline and was able to hang out with Julie for a little while. I'm glad I did. It was a nice peaceful part of the day, the only lull and I needed it.
I took a shower when we got home, redressed, remake-uped (like my new word?) and drove up to my parents' home to drop off Madeline. Then I drove to downtown Seattle and had my lurvly appointment. Everything good there.
Drive back to my folks, pick up Madeline and RACE to Annalise's bus stop and wait there for FORTY-FIVE minutes! That's right. School gets out at 3:15. I called at 4:30 and it turns out that the buses didn't even leave the school until four o'clock. She arrived shortly after I found this out. The poor receptionist at that school: there were many a parent calling in to find out where their child was.
The doors of the bus opened and a thrilled, happy, tired, hungry Annalise came out. She had a great day. Made wonderful friends whose names were unknown. Actually I asked her how school was:
"Boring. We had to sit at the desks for a long time."
Welcome to school, Annalise. I told her later on, "You are going to be in school now for the next seventeen years, at least!"
Madeline starts preschool tomorrow.
I haven't worked out all week. I am exhausted. I need to go to the gym. I just bought myself new running shoes and, like all children, I'm pretty sure my new pair of shoes is going to make me run faster...
That's a picture of me, running with my new shoes through a field....so fast!
3 comments:
You do run pretty fast. I wish I could run that fast! Your girls need to stop growing up. Can't they just stay little forever? We're holding out on Preschool...I'm cheap. But, he is going to Kindergarten next year. It's free preschool, kinda. And if he needs to, he'll just go again! Way to go Anna for riding the bus, though. I didn't ride a bus until I was on middle school, and I was afraid then!
That picture of you running fast is inspiring. Can you teach me how to run that fast? Maybe I will see you at the gym tomorrow ... or next week.
Congrats on surviving the first day of school and your bus ride. I had no idea you could do that.
Hey Kim,
I love when you blog. You write just like you talk and I miss talking to you! Annalise and Maddie both in school? They are such big girls now. I am keeping Jake home until next year but am excited about him starting. I think that it will be so fun for him at 4. He would love it now but there is no extra $$ this year. Kiss the girlies hello for me and tell them Jakie says." Anna!!! Maddie!!! "Lets go play"! Love ya, call me when you can. -Sarah
Post a Comment