Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Facebook

Oh my! With blogs and facebook and what else there is so much potential for self-involvement and the stalking of old friends...I just don't have time but yet I spend so much.

Sometimes when I can't sleep I go from blog to blog, sometimes hitting a family member or friend's list of blogs, people I don't know, and look and see what they're up to. Lurking. Strangers. Stalking. At least, that is what it feels like. Like reading People Magazine for normal people.

I do love finding old friends on another friend's blog. I found a really great old friend today.

We all open up our lives for all to see, when we blog or join Facebook or other such things. I seriously doubt any one that I don't know is reading mine. And with the people I do know, I'm pretty sure the number is maxed out to five people. Oh wait! I just remembered that a stranger did make a comment on one of my posts! Ha! He must have found me since I listed my interest in gardening and that is his passion. Some guy in Canada, I think. "The Hunky Gardener": are you still reading my blog?

Well, was I not suppose to just admit that I look at stranger's blogs? Am I being socially awkward again? Dang it! Why do I have to be so honest? Because seriously, if more people were honest about what they thought (like me, who has no filter) I am pretty sure we would find social awkwardness in all. Maybe that confidence leads me to saying what I think.

If we were out to dinner, this would be the time that Geoff would gently nudge my knee. That man has brought a whole lot more dignity to my life. I know if I get a nudge that I am doing it again. Expressing my strong opinions to, perhaps, the offense of another. Or telling an inappropriate joke.

I was at church talking to one of the members and one of my oldest, bestest (great word) friends is in my ward now. She knows me better than most. He mentioned something about my craziness or something and Julie said something to the point of how I am much more mellow now than I was back in high school, and if he could believe that. ...it's true. I'm grateful for the mellow!

Wow--that was a tangent!! I must be tired. I also must pack a lunch for my little one and I am starting to pack lunches for Geoff, too. I put his lunch in a spare Barbie Purse "Lunchbox" last night to see what he would do and what a snob! I noticed this morning that he had emptied out the contents, and found out later that he put them in a plastic bag instead of carrying the very fashionable and trendy lunchbox/purse. Snob. Dignified Snob....Ha! Can you imagine big, tall, handsome Geoff carrying a tiny, girly, pink purse?

Not one person is going to admit they lurk, am I right? Just me...yeah, right! I hope I get comments from complete strangers. If you don't know me, or know me by aquaintance, comment. Come on, I won't judge. I will probably start reading your blog, though.

5 comments:

32 Flavors said...

I do know you, but I have been stalking you. You're funny. And crazy. But, I knew that already. I suffer from "word vommit". Anything and everything just slips out. Um, like calling you crazy? Meant with love, from one crazy lady to another. By the way, love your music selection. I will have your blog open when I'm on the computer just so I can listen to your great selection. Well, except for Neil Diamond, but I won't hold that against you or anything.

32 Flavors said...

Um, vomit.

Lefty said...

Hey, 32! I had no idea you read my blog. I had no idea you had a blog. That is too funny.

jennycooks said...

Kimberly - hey friend! I am so glad you found me! I think of you more often than you know - I love reading all about your happenin's! Make sure you keep in touch - I will too! Love ya!

Talia said...

Hey Kimberlee! It's been a while! Okay, so I haven't been stalking you- I just found your blog yesterday. How did I find you? Off of Lindsay's page! We were both living in the same town until she had to up and move!! Who would've thought that we would both end up in Southern California?? Small world, huh. How's Washington? We actually lived near Seattle before we moved to CA. I always thought of looking you up and then we moved again. But next time we head home to visit Ryan's family there we should get together. I miss talking to you! At least now I can read your rantings! ;) I just started a blog, so don't look yet, but updates will be coming soon!!!