Thursday, September 18, 2008

Full Circle

When I was a little girl my best friend, Rachael, and I would play all the time together. Our family had the movie, "The Never Ending Story" and every time she came over she wanted to watch it. So much, that my brothers would hide the movie if they knew she was coming over, because they were so tired of watching it.

Well Rachael, you can come over to my house again because my girls are total fans!! I let them watch it after Annalise got home from school yesterday. She was exhausted from the day and I didn't mind having them zone out for a while as I got some things done around the house.

And speaking of: there was a little boy in our last ward (that is Latter-day Saint talk for congregation) by the name of Atreyu. While my older brother Matthew was visiting one time he asked where this boy with the famous name was sitting. I was looking around the chapel and then silently mouthed a scream, "ATREYU!!!! ATREYU!!!!" Well, I thought it was funny. I know, not very reverent. I am that way sometimes. Anything for a laugh; I'm pathetic.

Now, if I could just get my hands on the necklace Atreyu wears...all my dreams would come true.

7 comments:

The Woody's Fam said...

Ok, this is totally random. You haven't aged one bit Kim! This is Laurie (Marlin) Wood from Lynnwood Stake. I found you from Jenny Nicols blog. I hope you don't mind snoopers! I am hoping we can be blogging buddies! we are woodysfam.blogspot.com if your are interested in viewing.

Looks like you are doing great. Hope to hear from you!

Lefty said...

I haven't aged...does that mean mentally or physically? HA!

32 Flavors said...

I love that movie! I had the biggest crush on Atreyu. He was HOT.

I'm all for you getting a necklace like that as long as you don't wear your shirt open like he does.

jennycooks said...

I love that movie. Where did you get your hands on it?

Lefty said...

Netflix. I am a fan. We have the Roku box that streams the films they have on their "Instant" list, that we put on our queue, right to our television. The box was $100, so a little investment there. But watching "The Neverending Story" as many times as we want any time we want without having to put a disc in the DVD player: priceless.

Rachel said...

Ironic, I loved Never Ending Story too....especially the theme song :) probably because it said the same words over and over so it was easy to memorize!

Lefty said...

"turn around...look at what you see.... In her face, the mirror of your dreams." And then after all these wonderful lines: "The NeverEnding Sto-o-ry!"

Yes..love that song!! And here the song every day or just about!