Thursday, September 25, 2008

Guten Morgan

It was a good morning. ...Though I woke up still trying to figure out how I was going to get my homework done for History class and my first period class...I knew I had homework for it but couldn't remember what class it was. ...Maybe because I haven't been in high school for over ten years! Funny how I've been through college and all--but if my dreams are about insecurity or failing, it is high school... What is even more interesting is that in my dream, I was laying in my bedroom that I grew up in, but Madeline was laying next to me and I was talking to the maintenance man of our apartment complex. Somehow stuck in high school, but as a mother, and apartment manager...Talk about responsibilities! And still I wonder which class do I have homework due?

Anyway...I woke up and Madeline was wide eyed and happy. She climbed in bed next to me this morning about six, I assume. When 7:30 rolled around I turned around and faced her whilst stretching. She said, "Good Mording, Mama." She gave me a great little kiss. When she kisses she means it, there is substance to those little pursed lips. It's one of my favorite things in this whole world.

Then Annalise climbed into my bed. (Geoff was not in bed from 6 am or so on--he got up to start work, answering emails.) Happy. She was happy and I reminded her that she needed to get dressed in the clothes she chose last night. She happily did. No tantrums today. YES!!! No drama!!! Day one. Will see if tomorrow goes as smoothly...I don't see why not.

Well...I need to get to cleaning the house and doing my job. I also need to pull a workout into this morning. I did a hard lower body work out yesterday and I think I will recover those muscles until Monday...Cardio today. I'm thinking about starting Yoga up--I've never done it but I think it would be great for my migraine headaches that are slowly popping back up in my life. Nasty little buggars.

By the by, if you are reading this and haven't made a new post on your blog---do it! I swear 90% of the blogs I stalk have not changed in over a week. Come on...tell me what is going on in your life! I'm nosy...nosey? I need to know.

3 comments:

Stef Kelly said...

Hey Kim!!!

I don't know if you remember me or not. I was in your BYU-IDAHO married student ward. You were the RS president. Anyway. I found your blog through Talia Haughton's...I hope you don't mind. Anyway...I think about you all the time. You are an awesome person, and I've always looked up to you. I still have the plant you gave to me when I had my first miscarriage. You said I couldn't kill it, and I haven't yet. I did take your advice, and we have 2 kids now. We are still in the same ward..going on 4 1/2 years.

Anyway...How are you? How is life? I hope we can keep in touch!

Stefanie Kelly

jennycooks said...

That is so funny you are dreaming about the high school days. I have wild dreams only when pregnant.

Lefty said...

I'm not pregnant. But lately my dreams have been very vivid and full of stories, or whatever you call the clusters of things that happen in dreams. I think of them as stories.
My hormones (as I get off various migraine medications) might explain them, or maybe my increased ability (since going to sleep earlier--a miracle of self-discipline for me!) of going to sleep earlier and perhaps, getting more sleep to have dreams in.
I think my dreams when I am pregnant are ones of mother-hen paranoia...i'm like Ninja Mom, protecting my baby from danger. My mind goes through different scenarios of danger as I try to wriggle out of danger...with, of course, my ninja skills.