Today I am thankful for a modicum of self-discipline and a lot of strong will.
I didn't get my treadmill workout in yesterday. I don't remember the reason. Isn't that sad? I can't remember yesterday. oh well.
So I knew I needed to run today. My day was disrupted when I had to pick my kindergartner up from school before it even began (she claimed to have a stomach ache) which was followed by some errands. After all that, I still needed to run. I didn't want to.
Last week I had some viral thing that was so vague it hardly would have counted as being ill except for the fact that I was extremely lethargic and experienced some cold sweats. So I didn't do much running.
Today I needed to. I kept thinking about how sluggish I still felt. Then I had to answer a big question: Am I sluggish because I don't feel well or am I sluggish because I haven't been running in a week?
I decided in the end that I need to stop asking questions and get my plump bum on the treadmill. So I did.
I am glad I did.
Even...dare I say it...thankful.
And I think I will include another "I'm thankful" item since they relate. A sort of two-for-one deal. I am thankful for the Couch-2-5k program; for without it, I may have never known that I can run for longer than a few minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment