Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ghetto Recipes

Geoff thought for sure that I've posted on this subject before. I am pretty sure I haven't.

I have what I call, well, you see it in the title, but just because reiteration can be so fun (go to Sunday School to see what I mean!), Ghetto Recipes.

It all started with Raisinettes. I wanted some. I didn't have any. But what did I have in the cupboard?

Raisins. And Chocolate Chips.

So I put them in a bowl, both in the same bowl, and found the right raisin-to-chocolate chip ratio and satisfied my need for Raisinettes.

My friends, you can do this for other cravings. Think of all the possibilities!

Ghetto Almond Joy.
Ghetto Chocolate Covered Nuts. Any nut.
Ghetto Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears.

okay. they all have chocolate. that is how i roll. to me, if a snack is worth having, it has chocolate.

But I give it the name Ghetto, not because I lived in an actual ghetto when I created this (though I have lived very close to ghetto-like neighborhoods while we went to school), because when one is in poverty, there is a lot of going without, and equally, a lot of improvising.

I know what you are thinking.

Prone-Girl, you are brilliant! What a fantastic idea.

I know. You just enjoy.

1 comment:

Grandmary said...

It is true! You are brilliant! Now I know what to do with that Costco bag of chocolate chips that leaped of their own accord into my shopping cart today.