Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankful: Day One

I replaced the fill valve and flapper to our toilet downstairs today. I flushed several times to make sure all was well and there were no leaks.

So far today, I have done four loads of laundry. In my washing machine. All I had to do was put soap into the water and put the clothes in. The washing machine did the rest.

I put dishes into the dishwasher and it washed my dishes. All I had to do was put soap in the cup and it did the rest.

After I swept my upstairs' floors, I mopped them. I filled a bucket with water and my favorite detergent for floors, then scooted that bucket around the floor with my mop until I was finished. After I dumped the dirty water down the sink and rinsed out the mop and bucket to hang dry.

Today I have had a few quarts of water to drink.
Cool, clean, great-tasting water.
I have it on tap, you know.

I brushed my teeth in my bathroom today.

I have gone to the bathroom today. To, well, you know. (Powder my nose, of course.) But I did this in a bathroom, inside my home.

I've washed my hands many times. In my bathroom and in my kitchen.

This evening as I prepare dinner, I will probably fill a pan with water to boil something. I will fill the water up from the sink in my kitchen.

And I will probably take a nice bubble bath tonight to unwind. Hot water comes out of it--don't have to send my servants to boil water for me. (Though one time, when we had been gone a few weeks and didn't have any hot water in the water heater when we got home, Geoff boiled water for me and brought it upstairs to my bath. Yeah, he is great. I know.)



Thank you, Indoor Plumbing!
And I won't forget you either, Modern Appliances.
Thanks a bunch! Without you, I couldn't blog or find other ways
to waste my time away.

No comments: