Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Few Days After Thanksgiving...Still Thankful

I really wanted to post on Thanksgiving Day all that I am thankful for. Then yesterday, the day after Thanksgiving I thought I should (and giving the excuse that the day before I had been in the kitchen from morning until evening and then I was too exhausted to post)...

I don't have much excuse for not posting yesterday.

But I am still thankful today for all those things I was thankful for a few days ago, and even yesterday.

So here goes:

First and foremost, I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who loves all his children, no matter what they call him, no matter what they know about him. He gave us His Son, to sacrifice for the sins of all the world, to atone for all of our weaknesses and imperfections.

I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. For everything.

I am thankful for my husband. He is my best friend...and he's hot.

I am thankful for my children. They are beautiful, everything about them.

I am thankful for my family. I have awesome parents and terrific siblings. I love them all. (I'm also thankful that I love them all. Some families don't feel so warm toward their family; I do. I love spending time with them.)

I am thankful for my friends. I've been blessed with amazing friends.

I am thankful for my body. It's a little fluffy, and I wish it weren't. But it is strong. My heart is strong. My bones are strong. My legs are strong and walk. My arms are strong and lift and hug and hold and carry. My eyes see (with a little help--in a few years I hope to say I'm thankful for LASIK surgery!) and my ears hear; my tongue tastes and my lips kiss and smile and express my love through words; my skin feels and touches and protects. My body digests food and my hormones function properly. I have the ability to have children. I am thankful for my body.

I am thankful that my husband has a good job.

I am thankful that we have a home.

I am thankful that I can read. I am thankful for books. I am thankful for public libraries. I am thankful that I have the freedom to read what I want to read.

I am thankful for food. I am thankful that I can cook and bake and feed my family. Even if it contributes directly to my fluffiness, I love food--the sense of taste. Food is delicious, is it not?

I am thankful for music. I am thankful that I can play the piano and continue learning this skill. I am thankful I can play the guitar, even if it's just a little bit. I am thankful for singing in the shower.

I am thankful for the holiday season. I am thankful that there is snow on the ground. I am thankful that I can get out my Christmas decorations and make my home festive and play Christmas music and say, "Merry Christmas" and shop for gifts and wrap them and give them. I love Christmastime.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Lovely thoughts. I am thankful for so many of the same things...well, except for your husband. I'll stick with mine :)