I hate when I'm re-reading a post I've written (if I've forgotten what I put in it) and I see an error.
Spelling isn't usually a problem (I run it through spell-check before publishing) but sometimes sneaks in. Often it is using the wrong your, you're, there, their, they're, use or used. I know the difference. I do. My fingers sometimes don't mind me, that's all. I quickly pick up on these errors when reading...but I guess just not while typing.
And grammar. Grammar-Schmammar.
Sometimes I write poorly on purpose. For effect. And start my sentences with "and" and "but"...what can I say, I'm a rebel.
But I'll just be totally honest with you: if you see an error, it probably isn't on purpose.
I'm going to go get a haircut now. First time I've been to somebody new in three years. I'm nervous. I hope she doesn't make mistakes on purpose. Like the way a lot of women do their hair in the small town I live in. ...but maybe they don't know they're making mistakes. Surely all the product they put in their hair to make it spike out that way, and the way they color their hair in blond and black (yes, both) is intentional. But why? Why would somebody do that to their hair? WHY? Do they hate themselves? Do they worry they are too pretty and need to bring themselves down a notch?
I digress.
Sorry.
Now I need to do a quick spell-check, (don't have time for much else, so there probably are mistakes) publish this and get my coat on. Drive to the new hairdresser...dum, dum, dum, dum-de-dum, dum-de-dum... (that was Star Wars, if you don't sing while reading...)
5 comments:
I love how after explaining your rebelliosness with "and" and "but" you start the very next sentence with "but." Very witty.
We (but mostly I) miss you!
I love that you caught that. It is also in a few other beginnings in the post. ...and in several other posts, as well. because that is how i talk. i also start with the word "so" a lot. in speech and in writing.
i miss you so much, Julie. i've been wanting to call you but whenever i think about it it isn't a good time. soon.
Julie, it's only funny now to read Kim's redirecting the situation, a hibt learned at her Dad's knee. From me she got the re-edit gene--sorry for that, Kim.
Dang, i forgot to re-edit!!! The typo was meant to be "HABIT". Re-edit senility, me.
redirecting?
huh?
Post a Comment