
In spirit of Thanksgiving I have to write a You're Welcome Day post.
Mr. Geoff was visiting another company for work last year and saw a work calendar/announcement bulletin on the wall. He perused it and saw one week that month was going to be "You're Welcome Week" and was puzzled. Actually, we still have no idea what that week entailed...but he came up with a new holiday on his own from that.
Preface:
For those who are not in the know (yet), Family Home Evening is something our church suggested each family do one night a week. It involves spiritual enlightenment (sometimes!) and basic family-togetherness, followed (in our home) by a treat.
The story:
Annalise, our six-year old taught the lesson. She chose "cleaning-up" as the topic. She began with a lot of questions like:
Who thinks we should clean the house? (she asked us to raise our hands if we did)
Who thinks we should pick up our toys?
Who cleans up after everybody else? (I raised my hand and was the only one.)
Who cleans up after their little sister?
Who thinks everybody should pick up their own toys?
So all of the questions, we quickly figured out, were directed at Madeline, our four-year old. I'll give this to Anna: she often does end up picking up after her sister. But I remind her that I picked up after her a lot, until she was five.
The whole point of Annalise's lesson was: I pick up after you, Maddie; you should pick up after you. But it sounded a lot like: Who picks up after Maddie? I do!
I said in conclusion of the lesson that I will be giving next week's lesson on making dinner. My questions would be:
Who makes dinner all the time? Yes, I do!
Geoff decided that his next lesson will be: "Who goes to work?"
Geoff concluded that these would be perfect topics for a "You're Welcome Day" celebration. I think today will be You're Welcome Day. What are you going to be gracious about?
From me, to you:
I posted yesterday and I've posted today now. You're Welcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment