Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spanish-Speaking Skills

I was thinking I should learn Spanish.

I was watching a little tele, just flipping through, and it landed on the Spanish channel. A courtroom drama.


And I thought:

Self, what a great opportunity to become fluent in Spanish! Just turn the tele on all day, listening to the Spanish Channel. Eventually, those court-room dramas and face-slapping novellas will make sense!

And then I thought:

Self: you are terrific! What a great idea. So smart. And beautiful.

If children learn to speak by listening to their parents, surely I can learn Spanish by watching television...it's foolproof!

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Start with youtube "Que hora es? ep 2" and then go to "the one semester of spanish spanish love song". That's a good start. Happy Thanksgiving

Holly said...

I frequently wish I could speak another language. You might wan to try a community college class, but then again, a vocabulary of "NOOOOOoooo" and "how dare you cheat on me with my sister" and "I though you were dead" could be interesting.