Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"I'm SO pretty...no one's prettier than me!"

This phrase has been frequenting my three year old daughter's (soon to be four year old!) lips for the past week. So confident, arrogant, self-assured and joyful.

Though I need to teach her not to hurt others' feelings (let them down easy, at least!), I don't want to squelch this positive attitude; after all, life (especially puberty) can squelch it all by itself.

She truly is this incredibly confident and joyful child in everything. She can do anything and be anything and is even a Master Jedi Knight and often demands to be addressed as such.

I hope she will always have this wonderful attitude...

By the way, she exclaimed this observation after having put eight hair clips, all different colors and shapes and sizes, in her hair, "like Queen Madonna" (it's how she pronounces, "Queen Amidala", from Star Wars).

2 comments:

thechristensens said...

I miss that Star Wars CWAZY girl!

Calley said...

I love her! The end.