Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What I am up to...

the blocks are together...


the horizontal borders, are being connected...


the next part is difficult for me, a non-exact seamstress.

I wish I had that discipline and skill to piece perfectly.

I'm working towards it; I need to take a quilting class.

I most likely will find, when sewing the vertical borders on the rows, and connecting row to row, the borders not matching up.

Then I will bring out:


My other constant companion.
I use it all the time.
It is inevitable that I bring it out at least ten times for one project. At least.
I just have a strong feeling that I will be redoing some of my horizontal borders.
All feelings based on experience.
The Amish make sure to make one square in each of their quilts imperfect, to show that there is only One, who is perfect.
My quilts are very humble...

3 comments:

carol said...

Oh, go eat a chocolate! No, I take that back--sticky chocolate fingers should not hold seam rippers nor fabric for that matter. Clean fingers and a clean conscience (no more eating bunny parts!) are a must to a finished quilt! I love the quilt, btw.

Holly said...

I am so with you. It is hard to quilt if you are a semi-perfectionist. I am so familiar with the seam ripper it isn't funny. At least you have made 2 quilts in the time I am still taking to make one. It is my never ending project.

Megan said...

Yeah! I found you!
Good luck with the quilt. The last one I sewed together I decided was "artistic" in the way the seams didn't match!

-Megan