My husband and I were just talking about things like that the other day. Like dialing a phone #, we don't have a dial on our phone anymore we have buttons. So why don't we say somehting else other than I am going to dial the number. There are tons of our everyday saying that just don't apply anymore. I guess in life we just get used to things being a certain way and can't keep up with all the new technology.
I actually DO roll down the window! I've never owned a car with electric windows. Even when we bought a brand new 2003 Kia Rio I opted for manual windows & locks. I just figure if (when) it breaks the parts will be cheaper and I could hopefully fix it myself. I'm not much of a car guy but simple levers and rollers are hopefully within my limits!
3 comments:
My husband and I were just talking about things like that the other day. Like dialing a phone #, we don't have a dial on our phone anymore we have buttons. So why don't we say somehting else other than I am going to dial the number. There are tons of our everyday saying that just don't apply anymore. I guess in life we just get used to things being a certain way and can't keep up with all the new technology.
That was a thought-provoking post
I actually DO roll down the window! I've never owned a car with electric windows. Even when we bought a brand new 2003 Kia Rio I opted for manual windows & locks. I just figure if (when) it breaks the parts will be cheaper and I could hopefully fix it myself. I'm not much of a car guy but simple levers and rollers are hopefully within my limits!
Post a Comment