Just a quick note.
I quit facebook earlier this week.
At first it felt weird not to check it.
Then liberating not to check it.
Then I wanted to check it.
Then I was glad I didn't have to.
Then I noticed either less time on the computer, or more time in blog world.
I then noticed more time on news sites and Wikipedia.
I then realized there is more going on in the world than just my friends and me.
I went through a bit of a panic attack when the latter thought struck me. It doesn't revolve around me? Really? People don't constantly want to know what I'm up to, thinking, feeling? And the quizzes: how are my friends and family going to know which 80's movie defines me, what type of hummus I am, and which New Kids on the Block member I am most like?
The loss of balance that I once had, completely thwarted when I realized that those things don't matter...
Then I came on here. My blog. My little world. And came out of reality, wrote this post and there is balance again on the universe. My universe.
And all without Facebook.
4 comments:
I love you so much! PS. I am going to go with Joey would be the New Kid you are most like. There now you can have some piece of mind.
With all this extra time surfing the net I am sure you will start wowing your blog audience even more. I can't wait!!!!!!! Yes those are just for you because I wanted the extra emphasis. I hope it didn't bug you too much.
Exclamation marks never bother me!!!!! I love them!!!!
Hmm, the only thing I do on facebook is occasionally comment on other's statuses and maintain our adoption and fsa groups. About 5 min 2x per day, or so. I guess the other apps haven't sucked me in. I'll have to be careful.
Now, blogging, on the other hand. HOURS!!! Sigh, I will miss you on facebook, but will happily visit you here in your beautiful lefty universe.
You did it! Ha, I am shocked! No more stalking you-know-who.
So, I deleted mine, but pulled it back up this week. :o I know. BUT, I have been good and have hardly been on it. AND, surprisingly, I find that I really don't miss it that much anyway. But it is a nice reminder of friend's birthdays, and an easy avenue to ask a friend a question who you really don't want to talk to on the phone. Phone conversations require too much commitment, don't ya know.
Post a Comment