
I'm planning my daughter's Star Wars Crazy Birthday Party. I'm not sure how the little girls will feel about it...since I'm assuming most little girls don't watch this series. I also assume most four year old boys don't either...just in our family.
As I type, we are watching Return of the Jedi for Family Movie Night. Annalise is spending the night at Nana and Papa's and so Madeline is living it up with Daddy and Mama...and Star Wars! She was just asking Geoff why Darth Vader was wearing that mask, and then how he got the "owies". When Geoff said she would have to wait and be surprised (I realize we are pretty liberal in letting her watch the 4th, 5th, 6th, 1st and 2nd episodes (the order in which we introduced them to her--she had to "earn it" the way we all did), but we're not that liberal in letting her watch the 3rd) she got very upset. He mentioned light sabers and lava and then changed the subject. Yes: she will just have to wait until she is thirteen to find out exactly how Darth Vader got hurt.
Back to the party...
Pin the Light Saber on the Jedi?
Pinata: Darth Maul? Hitting it down with light sabers? It seems so violent; but then, so is hitting a donkey with a stick. We could do the "snow monster", as Maddie calls him...I don't know yet, it is still undecided.
Pinata: Darth Maul? Hitting it down with light sabers? It seems so violent; but then, so is hitting a donkey with a stick. We could do the "snow monster", as Maddie calls him...I don't know yet, it is still undecided.
I'm not sure what else we will do... something to keep four year old children busy. Duck, Duck, Goose; Simon Says; and perhaps Reading Time. Annalise has volunteered her services as a book reader and Madeline accepted.
2 comments:
Oh, Maddy. What a great little girl! I bet the Star Wars party will be a big hit! When I planned Noah's 4th birthday party, I felt like I was making it more into a preschool than a party!! Little kid parties are hard. But the pinata is always a winner. And maybe those long balloon animal balloons could be lightsabers. It'd be a cheap party favor...just an idea...good luck with it! I'll probably be up all night thinking of ideas, now! Thanks.
Just kidding.
This makes me laugh. I am sure she knows more about star wars than I do. I still to this day haven't seen all of any one episode in particular. Just bits and pieces. one day...
Post a Comment