Saturday, April 25, 2009

Making A Move

I'm watching my friend Julie's little boy, Matthew, this morning for a little while. My girls get so excited about his coming, especially Madeline. After all, she is planning on marrying him.

So she was laying down on the sectional and he was sitting near her. Just a few minutes ago she got up, walked over to the other side of him, positioned herself very close and made her move.

Her arm casually went up and rested on his shoulder while she gave him a little squeeze.

He shrugged his shoulder to move her arm off his body.

"I was just hugging you", she replied to his nonverbal cue.

He didn't say anything. Just kept watching The Tale of Despereaux.

She didn't give up. She wrapped her ample arm into his, put her head on his shoulder and gave another little squeeze. He didn't object. And then, with a content look on her face, she dropped her arm and went back to the movie.

My little smooth girl. Making the moves. Starting early.

I'm going to have to keep an eye on that cuddly girl!

2 comments:

Calley said...

I just died! :)
And I will NOT be repeating this story to Summer, I can't stand her jealous lover moods these days!

carol said...

Oh that Madeline! She's such a charmer and so huggable too. We won't worry about her tendency to enjoy the company of boys (yots and yots of them!)until she's older.