Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What is your favorite animal?

Today the subject of animals came up a few times.

"Mom, which are smarter, pigs or dogs?"

"I don't know a lot about pigs, but I think that dogs are smarter."

Then later this evening:

"Mom, what is your favorite animal?"

"Salmon."

"Salmon?"

"Yes, it's a fish. Though I like cows, too. And chicken. And pigs. I haven't tried turtle, but I've heard of it in a soup and I'd like to try it someday."

...i don't belong in Seattle with all the vegetarian hippies...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pigs are very smart animals. They can be trained to do things that dogs can't do. Watch this video and be amazed!! Have a good day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU7_Ar9C_iI

Lefty said...

thanks, the hunky gardener. i had no idea...well, except that Fern's little piggy Wilbur was "some pig", thanks to Charlotte.

My daughters and I enjoyed the video.