Now that I have no fruit to turn into jam...what can I obsess about?
House cleaning?
Laundry?
Taking a carpet cleaner and getting out all the numerous spots the girls so lovingly offer the carpet?
No...what sounds more like me?
Sewing a quilt that takes up the dining room table for up to two weeks. (So much fun for Geoff!)
Learning how to bake really great whole wheat bread... yes, more things to put in the small freezer of ours. But think of it this way: it will go great with the jam...
No. I think I need to make finishing War and Peace my obsession for now. Seriously, I've been only flirting with the book these past few months, rarely putting some good quality time in. Book Tease. I took time off from War and Peace to read a few books, I even opened my Physiology book to brush up on Action Potentials and the Sodium-Potassium pump. Harry Potter books I finish in two days, same with the Twilight books; passionately devouring them. I need to feel the love for Tolstoy.
Now that the story is good, I just need to focus and discipline myself. I only have a little to go. I could be finished in a few weeks if I would read it a little a day. The book website, where you share what you're reading has emailed me a few times now asking for my review, making me feel dumb and lazy for not having it finished. Come on now!!! I'm not in high school: stop nagging me!!! I'm reading this for pleasure.
1 comment:
Wow- War and Peace- at least you started reading it! Thats more than I can say for myself. I have a list of the classics that I keep saying I will read someday, but I always end up reading the popular, easy stuff- The "fast food" of the literary world. Good luck finishing it!
Post a Comment