Tuesday, August 12, 2008

i want fruit


I love this canning gig.



The strawberry jam was good.



The raspberry jam I made yesterday...mmmm. I've never been a huge jam person, I am now. Danger! No, you don't need to have another piece of jam and bread. Stay out of the kitchen!!



Fresh jam, with fresh fruit, wow! The flavor is intense.



Now I want to get some more fruit and make it into jam. ...I'll just have to watch the sales, because I don't think I'll be going up to pick fruit anytime soon.



Guess what you're getting for Christmas from me...

2 comments:

thechristensens said...

I love jam. There isn't anything better than homemade raspberry jam! I made a bunch last summer, but when we moved here, we couldn't take it. I was SO sad...I bought some in the store, and it was definately not as good. I'm even thinking I a may just come to Seattle for Christmas, just to eat your jam. ALL of your jam.

Rachel said...

Hey just so you know, You can look on craigslist for people who have fruit that they can't use and will give away. The lady we got apricots from didn't want them landing on and ruining her lawn which is why we got oodles of them :) Now I just found a lady that lives nearby us whose driveway fence is lined with blackberries and she has had all the blackberries she can handle and said it will be producing till fall and I can pick to my hearts content. woohoo! By the way...amazingly enough kids like picking fruit...my boys and my friends girls had fun climbing the ladders to get the fruit...and berries are pretty easy since they are ground level...I would just invest in some garden gloves for them so they don't get pricked. AND it really doesn't take that long to get a lot. (In an Hour we had loads of apricots)