Sunday, August 17, 2008

more jam...

I'm sorry but yet again I blog on jam. It's my obsession now. I haven't felt myself in over a year and I'm finally feeling well. I have energy again. I have my mind back (seizure drugs and serotonin drugs not so good for my brain power) and my mind says, "Make Jam!"

I remember getting on "I'm going to be the best chocolate chip cookie maker" and that went on for a few months while Annalise was in her first year. Weight gain.

Last year, before I got my migraines and life was complacently healthy, i was on a gardening kick. I planted basil, tomatoes, thyme from seed. I read a few great books, was online googling all my questions, and had seedlings all over one counter with a light above them.

....Now I have jam on my counter. I made two batches of peach jam on Friday, and a batch of Strawberry jam last night. I just counted; there are eighteen jars, beautiful peach and strawberry jewels, sitting on my counter.

And do I want to stop? Am I satisfied? no.

I have enough strawberries to make another batch of jam and I don't want them to go bad.

I still have one bag of raspberries left from my Biringer Farm picking and bought enough raspberries at the store to add to that to make another batch of (my favorite jammed fruit) raspberry jam.

A girls gotta do...

Geoff asked me last night to wait until the weather cools before I make another batch of jam.

I also need to find a place to put these beautiful jars.

No comments: