Thursday, August 21, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac on the (kitchen) floor...

Okay. I just finished the last of the frozen raspberries from the berry farm. Yummy smelling jam. That is what my kitchen and living room smell like.

I think I will stop for a while. You know, at least a month.

Did I mention that Annalise asked Geoff the other day, whilst looking at the 24 jars of jam on the counter, "Dad, why is mom making jam?"

Instead of answering truthfully ("because your mom is crazy and when she does something she does it all they way") he said, "Because she is Jam Crazy!"

He so good to me. Not telling my children the truth of my insanity.

Really, do I have A.D.D. or something? Don't people with A.D.D. hyper focus on one thing and are scattered on the rest? It is like I was manic for a while for jam.

oop..I just heard one of the jars pop...oop, another. Such a great sound.

Yes. I'm done for a little while with the jam making. Well, until I go pick blackberries. I LOVE blackberries. I think (oop! another pop!) that I will really love the jam. So...no more jam........for at least another week or two....unless somebody gives me free fruit...

3 comments:

David said...

you're out of control. this is an online intervention.

Anonymous said...

No worries. If I made a moment of your day more enjoyable than your friendly neighborhood Hunky Gardener has done his job well!

Being Jam Crazy is awesome. I am Jam Crazy myself but I just eat it rather than make it.

Have a great day and garden hard!

RORYJEAN said...

Haha- I can totally relate! I'm the same way. I obsess over one thing, then once I am done with it I feel kind of lost until I find something new to obsess over. Jam is awesome- especially the homemade stuff.