Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kindergarten

Annalise was given a "computer" from her older cousins. It is a vtech Nitro Notebook and it has games on it to teach math, spelling, numbers, geography, etc.. Annalise is sitting next to me right now with her laptop on her lap (like me) and she started laughing. When I got her to tell me what it was..."Grace just sent me a funny email."

Geoff and I went to Annalise's kindergarten parent meeting last night. I really like her teachers and am confident that she will too.

Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sure all I learned in kindergarten
was red from blue,
and a circle from a square.
Oh and "This Land is Your Land" (my teacher played guitar...and talked in third person)
and I remember playing house a lot...
and Danny peed his pants and his chair and there was potty on it...

I'm sure some of those things will still be true in Annalise's class but she is learning to read this year!!

I am ready to be back on routine and school is going to force it. No more occasionally sleeping into nine in the morning! I think I will actually have to try to have my lights out at 10:30 pm...instead of 11:58 pm...

2 comments:

thechristensens said...

Kindergarten? Anna in Kindergarten? Are you sure? Wow...she's growing up so fast and getting so old! We're going to send Noah next year. He'll only be 4 when it starts, because the deadline here is so late, but if he doesn't do well, we'll send him again the next year! But I can't believe Anna will be in Kindergarten, I remember when I first met her, she was like 6 months old! It's been a while since we've had our bonding time together! Good luck Anna!

Rachel said...

It is crazy, when Morgan went I was stunned at how much Kindergarten has changed....What first grade used to be when we were growing up is what kindergarten is now. Crazy eh? I guess they finally realized that we are not keeping up with the rest of the world.