I know I've already posted today but I've got to write this before I forget:
We are resident managers and I was doing my weekly vacuuming of all the hallways and stairs. We just finished and I had walked down the third floor flight of stairs and was waiting for Madeline. She was walking slowly and singing a song...
"My tea...have some my tea...fo'eva....fo'eva...."
"That's a nice song, Madeline."
"It's a song about my husband and that he is dying and I am going to miss him fo'eva and eva."
"Oh, that's really sad."
"Yes, it's sad."
I think I've mentioned before about Madeline's husband...I never knew imaginary friends could be so serious. And this is sad...after all, we just celebrated his birthday two nights ago--well, Madeline wanted to celebrate it yesterday too. I remember in the car:
"It's my husband's bi'thday today, can we have a tweat?"
"It was your husband's birthday yesterday."
"It's his bi'thday again. Just like I had two bi'thdays."
This year was the first year (her third birthday) that she got the thrill of birthdays in young childhood. She wanted to have another birthday after hers was over. She always asks about it.
Last time I told her it would be well after Christmas. ...It's going to take "fo'eva"!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment