Once upon a time, a beautiful cake was made.
Then, it was immortalized by this painting.
And if that wasn't enough, the most beautiful skirts were made for two unsuspecting girls (and a very surprised Mama).The girls swished and swirled in the layers of soft, luscious fabric, and dreamed up all the wonderful characters they could be in these skirts.
After their play, they were exhausted so they reclined back in a dream world
of pinks, ruffles, and lace.

Remember my friend, Heather? Perhaps one of the biggest reasons Heather is so wonderful is because of the woman who brought her up in life. Mary is her name. Heather blogged about the skirt Mary made for her daughter and all I did was comment on how beautiful it was. A few months later I received an email that Mary had a present for me. Have you ever known such thoughtfulness and generosity? I haven't. Not only was it so generous, but so well made, too! So many layers and fabric that is not easy to work with. And to tie the cake into this post: she also baked that cake and then painted it, too. Kind of puts a new spin on have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too!
I can't thank you enough, Mary. You are incredible. Thank you so much.
The girls love them and I do too.
of pinks, ruffles, and lace.
Remember my friend, Heather? Perhaps one of the biggest reasons Heather is so wonderful is because of the woman who brought her up in life. Mary is her name. Heather blogged about the skirt Mary made for her daughter and all I did was comment on how beautiful it was. A few months later I received an email that Mary had a present for me. Have you ever known such thoughtfulness and generosity? I haven't. Not only was it so generous, but so well made, too! So many layers and fabric that is not easy to work with. And to tie the cake into this post: she also baked that cake and then painted it, too. Kind of puts a new spin on have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too!
I can't thank you enough, Mary. You are incredible. Thank you so much.
The girls love them and I do too.
1 comment:
Your expressions are perfection pi!
A wonderful blog, so artfully done! I especially love those feet under the pink ruffles!
Post a Comment