Sunday, August 9, 2009

In Case You're Wondering...


I finished binding the purple quilt this evening.

I now need to find twenty-four one-inch purple buttons for the windmill centers.

Not just purple, but the right shade of purple. The stores I've been to don't have the right shade. But I've only been to Pacific and Jo-Ann's stores.

Who has a good button selection around Seattle?

I'd like to visit a fabric store in Ballard a friend was telling me about. I'm also planning on going to Bellevue with my mom to a great place. But I'm starting to doubt the existence of a purple button mecca. And I need purple buttons.

And therapy.

And sleep.

Good Night.
p.s. I promise to post a tutorial on bias tape makers and mitered binding. Promise. You're holding your breath because you're so excited? Well, please. I know it is exciting, but pull yourself together!

1 comment:

carol said...

The quilt is absolutely wonderful to look at, and a piece of work that's an heirloom for Madeline to cherish. I love the principal fabric's houses' roofs and windows--drawn in a slightly off-beat and humorous way. Just like Maddie, come to think of it!