Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Friend Like Heather

Everybody should have a friend like Heather.

She is visiting family over here in Seattle, from Montana, where she moved last year. Over in Montana the sky is very big. I'm so glad she condescended to Seattle's smaller sky. And then condescended even more to our small home for some Pho last night. The woman loves Pho. I had no idea.

She brought her fun husband and three adorable red headed children.

Heather is great at conversation. Witty with the humor, intelligent on many topics, she listens to your ideas and then reciprocates with hers.

Being around her is a big stroke of ego because of all the attention and encouragement she gives. It's a skill of hers. After spending the evening with her, you get the feeling that you could fly if you wanted to, because you would be so great at it. Okay, maybe flying is a stretch; but she makes pursuing your dreams and being successful at them seem so tangible.

Everybody should have a friend like Heather.

Everybody should be a friend like Heather.

3 comments:

Linda Kincaid said...

I totally agree with you! I was so sad when they moved to Montana. They were our family home evening buddies!

carol said...

Hear! Hear! I totally agree with you all on the subject of Heather!

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

Kimberlee, I had no idea that $20 would buy so MUCH flattery! Thanks!