Thursday, January 29, 2009

When is the next tupperware party?

I could use some good Tupperware.

I have a few IKEA plastic bowl with lid companions, some disposable freezer friendly Ziploc and Glad containers, and I have saran wrap.

Last night was our Young Women's New Beginnings program. I catered with Trifle. Tapioca (a triple batch); 3 bags of frozen strawberries, thawed and sugared; one angel food cake; 3 cups whipping cream, whipped; 5-7 bananas; almonds. Yes, it's delicious.

I made up the triple batch of tapioca yesterday afternoon...stirring and stirring so it didn't get scorched. Love. Lots of love went into it.

I loaded up my car with the goods. Tapioca in the IKEA bowl with lid, whipped cream (still in my kitchen aid bowl, with saran wrap on it) on top of the IKEA bowl to add some weight for the ride, and the other goods, separated into their containers and on my passenger side seat. You see, you don't want to put the trifle together until it is time to eat--so that it maintains it's layers of texture and flavor and doesn't end up mush.

I turned the first corner onto the street. Not fast, but just enough for the tapioca bowl to kick off the whipped cream bowl and tip the entire contents (save 2 cups) onto the floor of the front passenger side. No! No! No!!!

I went to the grocery store and found some Kozy tapioca (not the same!!) and headed to the church. Everything went fine with the dessert--not as good as it could have been, but fine just the same.

Oh...you want to see pictures? Okay.

Ew...what's is that delicious smelling ooze coming out of your car?

Oh, just a triple batch of delicious tapioca.


I suppose it could be a commercial for saran wrap, because the whipped cream was just fine.

...Though it doesn't weigh nearly as much as a few quarts of pudding.

6 comments:

32 Flavors said...

That is soooo nasty looking thank you for sharing it with us!

RORYJEAN said...

Oh my. What a delicious-sounding nightmare. Club soda might work on the carpet- and oxyclean.

Lucy van Pelt said...

That is the most tragic story I've heard all day! Oh, the tapioca mess that made.

carol said...

Is the stirred-with-love-for-hours tapioca pudding still layered on the car's carpet? Yes? I'll be right over with my super dooper Ikea spoon scooper. :) Yum! Tapioca--it doesn't look too pretty but is the ultimate comfort food, next to Trifle that is.

Holly said...

That is unreal! I could sense where the story was going, but could not let myself believe it. What is bad is that your photos are far worse than I imagined it would be. (OH and I'm glad to know that was tapioca, not barf though to me they not only look the same, they are the same :)

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

Did you swear? I would have. Of course, I would have felt a little guilty going to a church activity afterward...