Friday, January 2, 2009

Barbie Fairy's Inevitable Haircut

Madeline was given a Barbie doll for Christmas from her aunt.

A few days later, Madeline was spotted with some scissors and a plan.

Mama didn't resist, but explained that the hair wasn't going to grow back.

Madeline insisted.

Annalise decided that she should help. Older sisters are so helpful.

The fairy likes her new haircut so much that she scheduled a photo shoot with me, the head photographer in our home.

She's Glamorous.



With her new look, pilates is going even better than before.


She loves striking a pose.





"Oh! Were you looking at me?!"


"I feel so free!"



After our successful photo shoot, Fairy Barbie flew away into a beautiful place, where beautiful people are. ...I hear it's somewhere north of Alaska. Go figure.

10 comments:

Kinley said...

Hey Kim! It looks like you girls are keeping you on your toes! I enjoy the haircut, it is beautiful, I think they may ave found their calling in life! Stf Kelly told me about your blog and I was happy you weren't blocking people! I hope you are all loving life!

Lucy van Pelt said...

It is pretty inevitable that at least one Barbie will get a haircut. It took me a couple of ugly Barbie's to figure out I should stop playing beautician with them.

Calley said...

I love her one "surprise!" picture, as well as her flashing of some glamour shot leg. But I'm not going to show Summer this, lest she gets any ideas.

RORYJEAN said...

Wow, it looks like fairy barbie got a pixie haircut- how fitting! It doesn't look as bad as I remember my barbies from childhood looking post-haircut- my barbies always looked like they had hideous hairplugs afterward. Then I would demote them to being "Ken's ugly guy friend" when I played with them.

Carrot Jello said...

You know, if Barbie ever needs a dye job, I was an expert in Barbie kool-aid dying back in the day. I'm just sayin'.

Jon and Julie said...

I figured you would wonder who was looking at your blog in Fremont, CA, so I'm publishing a comment. Is Madeline upset about the haircut yet? I love that you let your girls make choices and reap the consequences. You're a good mom.

jennycooks said...

You are such a cool mom. I think I am still traumatized because I wasn't even allowed to comb their hair and mess it up unless it was already straight and unstyled. sigh. It would have been so liberating to have been allowed to give my Barbi a haircut!

Lefty said...

Carrot, if her hair weren't an already flashy pink, I'm sure your dyeing expertise would come in handy.

Jenny, I wish I could send you a barbie in the mail with some shears--you should just go for it. Just do it! I cut my daughters' hair so I get it out there--I am sure I cut my sister's barbies' hair...I know I cut mine--when I was three.

It's better her Barbie's hair than hers. Though she has already done it once--and not since then.

carol said...

Kim, I think your photo shoots of the Carehair-free Barbie Fairie are hilarious. She's so liberated--just like her owner. And her mother. I lol when I read the
"shudder" words you threw out to your brother Adam on Lindsay's blog!

Dan said...

Where is the Drag Ken Barbie in this photo? I expect a new pose, and a re-shoot here! Sheesh!