Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Hair-tastrophy

So remember when I just posted about Madeline giving her Fairy Barbie and pixie cut?

I remember thinking (I don't know if I typed it), "Well, at least it wasn't her hair."

So I was vacuuming around the television and window (where Maddie had played beautician with Barbie) and saw something hairy. It was hair. (Hair is hairy.) A clump of hair.

This was two days after the event...so when did she cut it? I didn't notice her little cut being off.

So the next day (yesterday, I think) I looked at her hair and saw that the side of it was shorter by a few inches. It isn't too noticeable, so that's good. At least she didn't pull a Kimberlee (when I was three) and cut the bangs off at the root and then several inches from ear to ear.

I talked with her about it, telling her that only mommy cuts her hair. I hope she gets it, and obeys it....I remember being three and not having the reasoning or sense of consequence (because of my hair cutting experience). It helps me be more patient in times like these.

3 comments:

carol said...

What!? You didn't scream like I did upon discovering your chopped hair and head? That's so disappointing. :) In my defense I mostly screamed because I realized you might have done a "Van Gogh" on your ear. I was so grateful you hadn't--and from then on I guarded those scissors carefully!

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse...... Maybe you just have a cosmetologist in training:)

32 Flavors said...

Watch out! She's a comin' for you next!