Spending the Sabbath day at my home with my parents over. How do we worship on the Sabbath? Church, renewing covenants with the Sacrament, and of course, the Superbowl.
So I'm sitting next to my dad (who I really should blog about someday) who is sitting next to my Geoff who is cuddling with Madeline, our three year old.
"Oh! What a loser!", my husband exclaims about somebody I don't know and don't really care about. (Every once in a while I glance at the ridiculously large television and pretend to know what is going on, and more importantly, to care.)
"Oh! He's a loser!", reiterates our three year old. (It actually sounds more like, "loosa", with her perfectly adorable and imperfect preschooler articulation.)
Then begins the discussion of using the word, "loser", in everyday talk between daddy and three year old. She decides she will only use it for mean people with they do mean things....Geoff wants to tell her otherwise, but there is football to watch.
I suppose we will talk more and more about this loser of a word.
But for now, the Cardinals are doing great. ...And I'm so ecstatic. (Note: no use of exclamation mark.)
2 comments:
We, too, watched the SuperBowl. Neither one of us, however, really knew what was going on. But...we have the big TV, we're supposed to watch it right?? I'm kind of glad Adam doesn't like sports so much...we had more fun playing Wii and eating our bean dip!
I can't believe Geoff used the word 'loser'--and I was sitting quite close by him. I never heard him use that word. Are you sure? Geoff is almost perfect. Maybe he meant 'looser' as in 'See, my waistband is getting looser', which would then explain Madeline's copy-cat 'loosa'. Yes, I think that's the true story. Thanks for great company, great dinner. I'm so glad Anna thinks that Nana and Papa are delicate.
Post a Comment